This SAEM-approved fellowship is designed for a graduate of residency interested in becoming an exceptional educator.
Stanford is at the forefront of medical education with a team of faculty innovating, advancing the field, and optimizing how we teach, assess, and help elevate learners
The two-year fellowship provides time to fellows to fully immerse in learning all facets of medical education ranging from teaching to curriculum development and scholarship.
Fellows also have time and support to complete a Master’s in Health Professions Education, which in addition to individualized fellowship training, supports fellows in completing at least one meaningful scholarly project in medical education.
Fellows benefit from:
◦ Weekly Medical Education Fellow Conference to learn the foundational topics in medical education.
◦ Weekly Works in Progress meetings to present projects and grant ideas to a mastermind group for feedback and refinement.
◦ Access to Stanford’s countless resources, collaborators, and mentorship including the Precision Education and Assessment Research Lab (PEARL), of which each fellow is a member and receives directed mentorship from the senior scholars in the lab.
The fellow will learn:
- curriculum development
- tools to be an effective lecturer
- different methods of evaluating learners
Fellows are given the opportunity to network through national conferences and acquire skills to be a successful academician through the ACEP teaching fellowship.
Fellows are also given guidance to create an academic research project with the goal of publication. Ultimately the fellowship will prepare the fellow for a career excelling in education, clinical work, research, and residency leadership.