Support Stanford Emergency Medicine
Five Reasons to Make a Gift Today
- We serve as a vital medical resource for the community and region.
- We provide urgent care for anyone who seeks assistance, regardless of ability to pay.
- Stanford ED is our community's front line responder for large scale disasters
- Our research leads to innovative medical advances and improved emergency care.
- Our residency program trains the next generation of emergency medicine specialists.
Ways to Give
Gifts to Stanford Emergency Medicine of cash, securities, or other property can be used immediately to support a variety of current needs in the Emergency Department.
A gift pledge is a formal statement of intent to make a gift over a period of time (up to five years).
Gifts with Retained Interest
You can hold an interest in your gift (e.g., donations of your home) for your lifetime or for a specified term of years, at which point the funds become available to Stanford Emergency Medicine.
Unrestricted gifts provide flexibility; allowing us to use them when and where the needs are greatest.
A gift of long-term appreciated marketable securities provides an income tax charitable deduction and capital gains tax savings to the donor.
Closely Held Securities
Gifts of securities in a company that is not publicly traded may result in one enjoying tax savings and an increase in income from the donated stock.
Many corporations may match or multiply their employees' gifts to the Stanford Emergency Medicine; up to a set amount. Please consult your company's personnel office for further giving information.
Gifts of Real Estate
A gift of your home or real property may allow you to claim an income tax charitable deduction, avoid capital gains taxes, eliminate certain costs associated with the transfer, and receive income.
Making a Planned Gift
Benefits include capital gains tax savings, increased income, income tax savings, and future financial security, thus maximizing your giving potential.
Memorials and Tribute Gifts
Gifts may be made in memory of an individual or in recognition of a special occasion or person.
To Make an Online Gift
1. Click on the button below to visit the Stanford Medicine giving site.
2. Select "Stanford Medicine" and "Other Designation" from the drop-down menus.
3. In the space provided, designate "Emergency Medicine" or "Emergency Medicine Residency Program."
To Make a Gift by Mail
To make a donation to the general fund, please write a check payable to "Stanford University Department of Emergency Medicine" and mail to:
Stanford Department of Emergency Medicine
900 Welch Rd, Ste 350
Palo Alto, CA 94304