Our dedicated team of physicians, nurses, residents, and specialists provide acute and critical care for more than 75,000 visits a year at the Marc and Laura Andreessen Emergency Department, a designated Level I Adult & Pediatric Trauma Center.
Our faculty also specialize in:
- Partnering with Stanford Stroke Service to pioneer a novel Stroke Code Extended protocol that expedites evaluation and treatment of patients with large-vessel debilitating strokes.
- Implementing an innovative critical care unit within the emergency department, resulting in higher quality of care, improved education and enhanced research opportunities.
- Receiving the prestigious Lantern Award twice from the Emergency Nurses Association in recognition of exceptional practice and innovation in leadership, education, advocacy and research.
- Producing more than 40 peer-reviewed publications in the 2017-2018 Academic Year.
- Creating one of the first fellowships in emergency medicine focused on physician wellness.