Our dedicated team of physicians, nurses, residents, and specialists provide acute and critical care for more than 75,000 visits a year at the Marc and Laura Andreessen Emergency Department, a designated Level I Adult & Pediatric Trauma Center.
Our faculty also specialize in:
- Partnering with Stanford Stroke Service to pioneer a novel Stroke Code Extended protocol that expedites evaluation and treatment of patients with large-vessel debilitating strokes.
- Implementing an innovative critical care unit within the emergency department, resulting in higher quality of care, improved education and enhanced research opportunities.
- Receiving the prestigious Lantern Award twice from the Emergency Nurses Association in recognition of exceptional practice and innovation in leadership, education, advocacy and research.
- Producing more than 40 peer-reviewed publications in the 2017-2018 Academic Year.
- Creating one of the first fellowships in emergency medicine focused on physician wellness.
Andra Blomkalns, MD, MBA
Stanford School of Medicine and the Department of Emergency Medicine recognize the importance and strength of diversity, equity, and inclusion for our faculty, fellows, residents, staff and the constituency served.