- Be part of an exciting new project in the ED that is on the cutting edge of public health and emergency medicine.
- Learn about alcohol screening, injury prevention, and public health research methods.
- Gain exposure to the busy ED environment through patient contact and physician shadowing opportunities.
- Make a difference in the lives of the ED's most underserved populations by empowering patients to improve their health through education and linkage to resources.
Who are we looking for?
- Volunteer research assistants must commit to 4 hours per week in the ED, in addition to brief bi-monthly meetings. Candidates who can commit to more hours will be given strong consideration.
- Volunteers must also commit to at least three or more quarters of volunteering.
- Interest in service, health, community engagement, and public health:
- Volunteers should enroll in the 1-unit Social Emergency Medicine class in the Winter Quarter of 2018. This course will provide context for the services we provide.
- Volunteers are active in building and improving our programs, including volunteer operations to community resources.
- SHAR(ED) is currently accepting applications for new volunteer research assistants.