Emergency Medicine Physician Wellness Fellowship
The first Physician Wellness Fellowship of its kind in the nation, this fellowship program is led by nationally recognized faculty, preeminent in the field of phyician wellness.
Fellows benefit from immersion in the Stanford Department of Emergency Medicine, which has made physician wellness a top priority, and Stanford School of Medicine, which has demonstrated a strong commitment to physician wellness, offering a designated Chief Wellness Officer, a WellMD Center, and an Office of Medical Student Wellness.
This one-year fellowship can be extended by one additional year to apply and complete a Masters of Education.
The primary goals of this fellowship are to:
1) Master the amassing knowledge base of physician wellness literature.
2) Take a leadership role in our Emergency Medicine department physician wellness plan.
3) Participate in our Stanford Health Care physician wellness efforts.
4) Develop, implement, analyze, and present a personal research project relating to physician wellness. There is also an expectation to write a publishable manuscript.
5) Create and develop physician wellness projects throughout the year.
6) Create and deliver educational sessions for various audiences including medical students, residents, nurses and faculty.
7) Participate as clinically active faculty at the level of Instructor in the Clinician Educator line.
Fellows can also take advantage of the many benefits of our beautiful locale, including close proximity to urban entertainment in San Francisco, the restorative Napa/Sonoma Valley wine country, and the stunning Sierra Nevada mountains for hiking and skiing.
The Physician Wellness fellowship curriculum includes:
- Monthly lectures for all Department of Emergency Medicine fellows.
- A monthly Physician Wellness Forum with invited speakers and enrichment sessions.
- Robust reference library to master.
- Clinical opportunities in the Stanford Emergency Department equal to those of our other fellowships.
- Opportunity for external collaboration with a number of institutions.
Submit application by September 30
Decision made by November 15
- Board Eligible/Certified in Emergency Medicine
- Residency program completion
- Background and interest in physician wellness
How to Apply
Submit a letter of interest, CV and three letters of reference to the fellowship director:
Dr. Rebecca Smith-Coggins
900 Welch Road; Suite 300
Palo Alto, CA 94305