Emergency Medicine Interest Group
Stanford EMIG guides career exploration in emergency medicine, facilitating interaction with EM healthcare professionals and providing clinical experiences for students.
- Establishes mentorship relationships between Stanford EM physicians and students
- Organizes clinical workshop
- Serves as a resource to medical students in their EM residency application.
EMIG also serves as a liaison between the medical students at Stanford University and the Emergency Medicine Residents Association (EMRA), the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP), and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine(AAEM).
- Attending/Resident Mentorship
- Research Opportunities
- Wednesday Conference
- Journal Club
- Airway Workshop
- In Flight Emergencies
- Suturing Lab
- Ultrasound Workshop
- Splinting Practice
- Wilderness Topics
- Naloxone Training
- And more!
- Activities Fair
- Welcome picnic
- “Airways” Event – Open Mic Story Telling
- “Road to Residency” Advice Sessions
- Mentor/Mentee Event
- Wilderness Race