Achievements and Celebrations
Multidisciplinary Emergency Critical Care Program
- Creation of Stanford EMCCM Joint Case Conference Curriculum by Tsuyoshi Mitarai, MD (EMIMCCM) during his senior year of CCM fellowship.
- EMCCM Joint Case Conferences began to take place in both Stanford and Kaiser Santa Clara. The Kaiser conferences are led by Lisa Rapoport, MD (EMCCM).
- Creation of FLEX RN Program
- Beginning of research collaboration for Stanford Model and FRAN project among Sara Crager, MD, Jason Nesbitt, RN and Christopher Cinkowski RN.
- Creation of EMCCM Team by Tsuyoshi Mitarai, MD to develop innovative critical care curriculum for EM residents and to provide mentorship for all fellow/resident members. The members consisted of EM attending with CCM background/interest (Tsuyoshi Mitarai, MD, Lisa Rapoport, MD, Matt Strehlow, MD), EMCCM fellows (Sara Crager, MD, Andrew Phillips, MD, Julian VIllar, MD), and EM residents with interest in CCM (David Radler, MD, Ian Storch, MD, Brian Ichwan, MD).
- Expansion of research/QI projects (i.e. Emergency Critical Care Team pilot) led by Sara Crager, MD, Julian Villar, MD, Jason Nesbitt, RN, and Christopher Cinkowski, RN called for a creation of a formal research/QI group to collaborate on various projects.
- The first revised EMCCM joint conference with a preselected CCM topic and addition of senior EMCCM fellow proctoring.
- Creation of Stanford Multidisciplinary Emergency Critical Care Program (MECCP) by combining the research/QI group and EMCCM team, and changing the organizational structure.
- The first Stanford joint EMCCM journal club
- Launching of MECCP website
Emergency Critical Care Pilot Program over 8 weeks led by Julian Villar, MD and Sara Crager, MD. Highly successful and well regarded by EM Residents, Attendings, Nurses and Critical Care Teams.
- Critical Care Education Day; Half-day Multidisciplinary and non-lecture format critical care education for EM Residents. The teaching sessions received the highest evaluation scores of the year by the residents.
Other EMCCM Research Collaboration at Stanford
- Petal Network with the Rose and Violet trials - Matt Strehlow, MD, Angela Rogers, MD, Joe Levitt, MD