Stanford/Kaiser Residency Application Process
The Stanford Emergency Medicine Residency accepts 15 residents per class.
We encourage you to complete the application by October 1. Interview invitations will be sent beginning October 11.
All emergency medicine residencies use the same electronic service (ERAS). To submit an application, visit:
Use the MyERAS website to transmit your application and supporting documents, including:
- ERAS Common Application Form
- Dean's Letter
- Medical School Transcripts
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Board Scores (USMLE, FLEX, COMLEX, etc.)
- Passport-type photo
Interview Day Schedule
Candidates have two options for interviewing: full- or half-day. Interviews are held at the administrative offices of the Department of Emergency Medicine, located at 900 Welch Road, Palo Alto, CA 94304. Candidates arriving at the Palo Alto Caltrain Station can board the MC Line of the Stanford Marguerite Shuttle to the office.
Tentative schedule below (subject to change):
Option 1: Full Day
- Pre-interview social (evening before)
- 7:15-8:00 a.m. Program Director welcome and overview
- 8:10-10:40 a.m. Interviews
- 10:45-11:00 a.m. Tour Simulation Center
- 11:15 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Meet our amazing faculty!
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. Lunch with residents
- 1:00-1:30 p.m. Tour Stanford Hospital Emergency Department
- 1:30-4:00 p.m. Tour affiliate training sites: Kaiser Santa Clara and Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Option 2: Half day
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. Program Director welcome and overview
- 1:00-1:30 p.m. Meet our amazing faculty!
- 1:30-4:00 p.m. Interviews
- 4:00-4:30 p.m. Tours of Simulation Center and Stanford Emergency Department
- Interview Social (evening)
Journal Club (select Tuesdays)
Meet faculty and residents at this educational event. Interview social to follow.
Attend our weekly morning conference to meet faculty and residents, and experience our didactic curriculum.
If you have any questions regarding our program or your application, please contact:
Bianca Velasquez, Assistant Education Coordinator