Refer a Patient
The Stanford Pediatric Emergency Department, constructed in 2005 within the Stanford Hospital emergency department, offers state-of-art technology and treatment modalities.
We offer comprehensive emergency care 24 hours a day, and are designated Level I Pediatric Trauma center, with helicopter transport services. We also serve as the pediatric emergency department for the Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital.
Our staff partners closely with community physicians and pediatric specialists to provide a seamless network of care. From the time a child is sent to us until discharge, referral, or admittance, we keep the lines of communication open. Information about a patient’s visit is automatically sent by fax to the primary care provider. Providers with access to CareEverywhere in EPIC can patient electronic medical records.
Your patients will benefit from:
- physicians and nurses with specialized training in diagnosing and managing pediatric patients
- access to pediatric specialists at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital
- private child-friendly exam rooms
- child life specialists and pediatric call back nurses
- an “Ouchless ED”
- a critical care suite and isolation rooms
- dedicated pediatric waiting room
This is the direct line for the pediatric emergency department for referrals or to reach a physician.
Call back nurses are also available at 650-723-4411 daily from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. to assist with questions.
We promote the use of low-no pain treatment therapeutics, including topical anesthetics or sprays to reduce needle pain, intranasal opioids and anesthesia instead of IV, and skin adhesives instead of sutures.